The Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy recognizes that we never stop learning. To meet this need for professional growth and licensure/certification renewal, we offer various Massage Therapist Continuing Education courses and/or weekend workshops. All of our workshops are open to massage therapists, and some are open to the public in general. Selected courses in our Comprehensive Program are available as continuing education for those with prior training.
Many of our workshops are offered by Approved Providers of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. Look for the NCBTMB Approved after the workshop hours in the course description.
PA LICENSE RENEWAL
Under Section 20.33(b)1 of the PA Massage Therapy Regulations schools of massage therapy, including the Pittsburgh School of Massage therapy, are pre-approved providers of continuing education for PA License Renewal. As such, all of our courses do count toward license renewal. We may occasionally offer a course that does not qualify based on the subject material. Those courses will be noted as not qualifying.
Special notice for PA License renewal AFTER the January 2017 renewal. Beginning with the January 2019 renewal, the PA Board of Massage Therapy REVERSED their previous decision and continuing education in techniques that are excluded from requiring licensing WILL be accepted for license renewal. This means that acupressure, Asian bodywork therapy, polarity therapy bodywork, Qi gong, reiki, shiatsu and tui na WILL be accepted for future renewals.
NOTICE: We make every attempt to have accurate information on the website but occasionally errors do occur including times or prices. We will not be held responsible for these errors and an adjustment may be made upon registration. Also, workshops have minimum and maximum registrations so please register early.
Harrisburg PA Conference Scheduled for October 15-17, 2017!
Click above for information or download the conference brochure or registration form.
We are happy to announce two newly scheduled conferences for 2018.
Get all your CEU’s for 2019 license renewal in just three days.*
Study with some of the best in massage therapy continuing education,
Save the date: Erie PA September 16-18, 2018 NEW DATES
Save the date: 7Springs Fall Conference – October 28-30. 2018
*Does not include required CPR or Child Abuse Recognition Courses.
Please click on this link to be taken to a free online Child Abuse Recognition Course.
We have many workshops scheduled including:
- Massage for Friends & Family – Amateur Class 2017
- Ethics for the Massage Professional 2017
- Massage Therapist CPR Certification
- Trigger Point Therapy: A Kinder Gentler Approach 4/8-9/2017
- Advanced Therapeutic Chair Massage 4/21/2017
- Bodysaver – “No Thumbs” Deep Tissue Massage 4/22-23/2017
- Neural Reset Therapy ® (NRT) Lower Body Course 4/22-23/2017
- Reiki 2: Deepening your Practice 4/28-29/2017 AND 5/13/2017
- S.E.E.M. Technique – Stretching, Exercise, Education and Massage 4/29-30/2017
- Hot and Cold Stone Massage (Sun/Mon) 4/30-5/1/2017
- Taming TMJ – Massage for TMJ 5/12/2017
- Massage Therapist CPR Certification 5/13/2017
- Ethics for the Massage Professional 2017 5/16/2017 Tuesday Evening
- Integrated Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage with Essential Oils 5/19/2017
- Lomi Lomi – Hawaiian Therapeutic Massage with Essential Oils 5/20-21/2017
- Better Baby Bonding Through Touch – HypnoBirthing® Infant Massage Instructor Certification 5/20-21/2017
- Natural Facelift Massage 6/5-8/2017
- Aromatherapy Basics (Open to everyone) 6/9/2017
- Relaxology – Reflexology, Aromatherapy & Energy 6/10-11/2017
- Scar Tissue Massage 6/10-11/2017
- I-Stretch (Integrated Stretch) Seminar 6/12-14/2017
- Massage Therapist CPR Certification 6/20/2017 Tuesday
- A.C.E. Massage Cupping™ Level 1 Workshop 6/23-25/2017
- Thai Massage for the Table – Supine 7/8-9/2017
- Introduction to Thai Massage Open to everyone. 7/15-16/2017
- The Art of Japanese Zen Facial Massage 8/4/2017
- Fibromyalgia and More with Wolfgang Luckman 8/5-6/2017
- Myofascial Release Massage – Level 2 – Lower Body 9/8-10/2017
- Ethics for the Massage Professional 2017 9/15/2017
- Take Ethics Friday afternoon and stay for Geriatric Massage. Get 22 Hours of CE in one weekend.
- Geriatric Massage: Level 1 – 9/15-17/2017
- Massage Therapist CPR Certification 9/23/2017
- Introduction to Stick and Stone Massage 9/22/2017
- Thai Massage for the Table – Prone & Sidelying 9/23-24/2017
- Manual Lymph Drainage Certification 9/28-10/3/2017
- Pregnancy Massage 3/4-5/2017 or 10/14-15/2017
- Kinesiology Connection – Kinesiology Muscle Testing 10/6/2017
- Touch For Health – Kinesiology Level 1 10/7-8/2017
Download the conference brochure or registration form.
- Resistance Release Work: Neck, Arms and Hands w/Deane Juhan 10/20-22/2017
- Movement and Massage 10/21-22/2017
- Advanced Geriatric Massage Techniques – Level 2 11/3-5/2017
- Better Baby Bonding Through Touch – HypnoBirthing® Infant Massage Instructor Certification 11/4-5/2017
- Medical Massage for the Lumbar-Pelvis Region 11/10/2017
- Neural Reset Therapy® (NRT) Upper Body Course 11/11-12/2017
- A.I.S. – Active Isolated Stretching: The Mattes and Graffenberg Methods 11/17, 18, 19/2017
- Hot and Cold Stone Massage (Sun/Mon) 11/5-6/2017