Geriatric Massage: Level 1
Presenter: Day-Break Geriatric Massage Institute
Hours: 18 Approved for PA License Renewal & NCTMB Approved
Early Registration Fee: $375 (if paid 14 days in advance of workshop)
Registration Fee: $400
$100 deposit required to register.
Friday, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
This 2 1/2 day weekend workshop is the basis of our training program in Geriatric Massage. It offers 18 CE hours for massage therapists and qualifies for the Level 1 Certificate in Geriatric Massage. By helping participants to gain insight into meaningful work with the elderly, the therapist who likes to work with seniors is put on the path to a massage career that is emotionally satisfying without being physically draining.
The Workshop features these topics:
- Physiological, psychological & sociological aspects of aging.
- Client assessment, cautions & contraindications.
- Psychological aspects of contact with the elderly, attention to detail in the assessment of the older client.
- Modification of standard massage techniques and the development of methods to suit each client’s special needs.
- Participants are encouraged to develop clinical reasoning in their first hands-on phase of the presentation.Practical hands-on work with older people.
- How to establish a Geriatric Massage practice. Topics include: marketing to senior facilities, referral sources, and active seniors in the community at large.
For more information check out this website.
Presenter: Sharon Sharon Puszko, PhD, LMT is a graduate of the University of California with a major in education. After teaching Biology and English internationally, in Europe, Asia, Central America and the Eastern United States, Sharon made a career change into the wellness field in 1986. She attended massage school in Northern California and then graduated from the Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy and Healthbuilders School of Massage Therapy in St. Augustine, FL. Along with overseeing the function of DAYBREAK Geriatric Massage Institute, she has a private practice and does volunteer hospice work. She travels extensively throughout the US and internationally teaching the DAY-BREAK Geriatric Massage Level 1 and Level 2 workshops in massage schools and community colleges.
To register for this workshop call 800-860-1114 and place your deposit on a charge card or mail a check for the required deposit to:
Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy
3600 Laketon Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Include check made payable to “Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy”, your name, address, email address, phone, name of the workshop and workshop dates. We will send you a confirmation in the mail. If you are traveling by plane, please confirm the workshop with the school before buying your ticket. Occasionally we do have to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. If a workshop is cancelled for any reason our liability is limited to a return of the deposit paid. If you cancel your participation in a workshop within 21 days of the workshop, there will be no refund if the deposit paid. Cancelation earlier than 21 days before the workshop will incur a $25 processing fee. The balance of your deposit will be refunded.