Indian Head, Face and Foot Massage with Ayurvedic Oils
Presenter: Wolfgang Luckmann
Hours: 8 Approved for PA License Renewal & NCTMB Approved
Early Registration Fee: $140
(if paid 14 days in advance of workshop)
Registration Fee: $160
Full Payment is required to register.
Times: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Bring back the “Wow” in your massage therapy!
Indian Head Massage known as “ Champi ” has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Ayurvedic doctors practiced it for skin rejuvenation and as part of an anti-aging technique. Indian mothers would massage their babies’ hair, head, neck and shoulders to stimulate growth and relaxation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Indian head massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
- Stimulates nerve function,
- Improves relaxation, creating calmness and emotional well-being.
- Concentration and alertness are optimized.
- Other benefits include an improvement to the manifestations of:
- tension headaches
- eye-strain, ear problems
- neck and shoulder stiffness
- Bell’s Palsy
- scalp tension
- mental fatigue
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
- How to incorporate indian head massage, oils and pressure point technique in a 35 – 45 min treatment of HEAD, NECK SHOULDERS AND FEET on the table or in a chair!!!
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana, meditation and the philosophy behind Ayurvedic massage
- How to evaluate, analyze and treat the client as an individual
- The three different types of massage suited for each individual
- An explanation of functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points )
- Location and explanation of the nadi ( meridian system)
- Discussion of the choice of appropriate essential oils , herbs and their energetic qualities for each individual client
- How to apply the three principal strokes , satvic, rajastic and tamasic
- HOW TO SELECT APPROPRIATE OILS AND ESSENTIAL OILS FOR DIFFERENT CONDITIONS
- How to do a vigorous, but relaxing foot and leg massage
WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPECT?
This is mainly a hands-on course. We will practice the three principal strokes and techniques (Sattva, Raja, Tamas), apply oils and get a great revitalizing and relaxing treatment. Bring a hand towel, suggested oils (Rosemary, Sandalwood, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Patchouli and blends, etc) and an open mind!
IF YOU DON’T OWN ANY OILS, YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE! Oils will be available for your use in class or purchase in our retail store at a discounted price.
Presenter: Wolfgandg Luckmann – After graduating from the Florida College of Natural Health in Miami, summa cum laude in 1995, Wolfgang Luckmann attended the College of Acupuncture and Massage and graduated with distinction in 1997. Trained in the British Public school system in South Africa, where he taught languages in schools and colleges, Wolfgang has brought 20 years of teaching experience to his numerous holistic courses.
His workshops are a blend of his experience as an acupuncture physician and massage therapist and are highly customized to fulfill the needs of the individual practitioner. Most of his workshops are based on traditional Chinese medical philosophy in some form or another.
Wolfgang was a 2015 inductee into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame.
To register for this workshop call 800-860-1114 and place your deposit on a charge card or mail a check for the required deposit to:
Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy
3600 Laketon Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Include check made payable to “Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy”, your name, address, email address, phone, name of the workshop and workshop dates. We will send you a confirmation in the mail. If you are traveling by plane, please confirm the workshop with the school before buying your ticket. Occasionally we do have to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. If a workshop is cancelled for any reason our liability is limited to a return of the deposit paid. If you cancel your participation in a workshop within 21 days of the workshop, there will be no refund of the deposit paid. Cancellation earlier than 21 days before the workshop will incur a $25 processing fee. The balance of your deposit will be refunded.