Lomi Lomi – Hawaiian Therapeutic Massage with Essential Oils
Presenter: Wolfgang Luckman
Hours: 18 Approved for PA License Renewal & NCBTMB Approved
Early Registration Fee: $270 (if paid 14 days in advance of workshop)
Registration Fee: $295
Full payment required to register.
Times: Saturday and Sunday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Lomi Lomi means …. “To break up into small pieces“, “The Dance of Massage”, ”Loving Hands Massage“
- “To revive the body “
- “To move the body and lymph.”
- “To release spasms.”
- “To remove waste material from muscle.”
- “To facilitate movement “
- “To revitalize the body,mind and spirit ”
- “To save your hands “
- “ To remove emotional toxicity with oils and compassionate care”
Lomi Lomi is a 1500 year old technique that aims at releasing all physical and emotional congestion in the congestion in the body, with a full body massage.
It is known in Hawaii as the “Dance Of Massage” because of its long flowing style and continuous rhythm and beat accompanied by selected tribal music. The therapist and client will become entranced in a spiritual state. You will learn how to transform a loving touch into techniques for healing. The basis for Lomi Lomi is an integration of Mind – Body – Soul in a ritual of transformation and inspiration. The inspiration is from the Huna or “Pathway of life “. Unlike a N.M.T. clinical massage, it calls for intuition, rhythm and flow, culminating in a therapeutic dance! Did you know that Trager Therapy is linked to Hawaiian Lomi Lomi ?
You will learn: :
- Some 12 strokes for a Full Body massage addressing long hardened, bulky muscles and cellulite
- Breathing techniques and meditation to conserve your energy and build stamina
- Circular , Spiraling and forearm techniques as well as kneading thumb techniques.
- How to address the diaphragm, the seat of our emotions
- Stretch techniques for upper and lower limbs
- The use of Aromatherapy essential oils on ear points and the body to really enhance your massage subtly and lpermanently l
- Stretch and strengthening exercises for the massage therapist
- Self care for the massage therapist and client.
Presenter: Wolfgang Luckmann – After graduating from the Florida College of Natural Health in Miami, summa cum laude in 1995, Wolfgang Luckmann attended the College of Acupuncture and Massage and graduated with distinction in 1997. Trained in the British Public school system in South Africa, where he taught languages in schools and colleges, Wolfgang has brought 20 years of teaching experience to his numerous holistic courses.
His workshops are a blend of his experience as an acupuncture physician and massage therapist and are highly customized to fulfill the needs of the individual practitioner. Most of his workshops are based on traditional Chinese medical philosophy in some form or another.
Wolfgang was inducted into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame in 2015.
To register for this workshop call 800-860-1114 and place your deposit on a charge card or mail a check for the required deposit to:
Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy
3600 Laketon Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Include check made payable to “Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy”, your name, address, email address, phone, name of the workshop and workshop dates. We will send you a confirmation in the mail. If you are traveling by plane, please confirm the workshop with the school before buying your ticket. Occasionally we do have to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. If a workshop is cancelled for any reason our liability is limited to a return of the deposit paid. If you cancel your participation in a workshop within 21 days of the workshop, there will be no refund of the deposit paid. Cancellation earlier than 21 days before the workshop will incur a $25 processing fee. The balance of your deposit will be refunded.