Manual Lymph Drainage Certification
Presenter: Erin Maranjian, BCTMB, CLT-LANA
Hours: 45 Approved for PA License Renewal & NCTMB Approved
Early Registration Fee: $900 (if paid 14 days in advance of workshop)
Registration Fee: $950
$100 Deposit required to register.
Times: Thursday – Monday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Dates: 9/27/2018 – 10/2/2018
This engaging 5½ day Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) certification course is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, Ph.D., MT. When skillfully applied, this therapeutic form of soft-tissue mobilization dramatically enhances lymph formation and promotes drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network. During this course, students will be instructed in anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system. Basic MLD treatment sequences as well as MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically-uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema will be demonstrated and practiced. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD.
- Competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas.
- Develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
- Competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients who are at risk of developing lymphedema).
- Competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically-uncomplicated primary or secondary lymphedema
Prior to the start of this 5½-day course, you will have the option of watching an online video lecture filled with graphics on the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system plus another video that introduces you to the MLD techniques you will learn and practice in the class. In class you will receive a comprehensive course manual and other course related materials.
Presenter: Erin Maranjian graduated from the Healing Arts Institute (Fort Collins, CO) in 1999. She earned certifications in Medical Massage from the Institute of Structural and Integrative Somatics in Fort Collins and Manual Lymph Drainage and Combined Decongestive Therapy from the Dr. Vodder School of North America in Victoria, British Columbia in 2000. She was certified as a Lymphedema Therapist by Klose Training in 2006 and received advanced training in lymphedema therapy at the Foeldi Clinic in Hinterzarten, Germany, in 2014.
Since 1999, Erin has maintained a private practice for massage and lymphedema treatment in Fort Collins, Colorado. In 2002, she joined the staff at Longmont United Hospital as an oncology massage and manual lymph drainage and lymphedema therapist. Erin specializes in working with oncology patients and those with chronic disabilities and edema issues.
Erin’s passions include helping seniors and others with mobility issues find the joy in movement and dance through Silver Sneakers, Zumba Gold, and other specialized exercise programs.
- Lymphology Association of North America (LANA)
- National Lymphedema Network (NLN)
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
Please visit the website: klosetraining.com or email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
This course is designed for Licensed/Registered Massage Therapists who have 500 hours of massage education or are certified through the NCBTMB. PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, ATCs, and RNs may also take this course but should first consult with Klose Training to ensure it is appropriate for their needs.
To register for this workshop call 800-860-1114 and place your deposit on a charge card or mail a check for the required deposit to:
Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy
3600 Laketon Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Include check made payable to “Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy”, your name, address, email address, phone, name of the workshop and workshop dates. We will send you a confirmation in the mail. If you are traveling by plane, please confirm the workshop with the school before buying your ticket. Occasionally we do have to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. If a workshop is cancelled for any reason our liability is limited to a return of the deposit paid. If you cancel your participation in a workshop within 21 days of the workshop, there will be no refund of the deposit paid. Cancellation earlier than 21 days before the workshop will incur a $25 processing fee. The balance of your deposit will be refunded.