Integrated Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage with Essential Oils
Presenter: Wolfgang Luckman
Hours: 8 Approved for PA License Renewal & NCBTMB Approved
Early Registration Fee: $120 (if paid 14 days in advance of workshop)
Registration Fee: $140
Full payment required to register.
Times: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
“ A man is only as old as his arteries” – Pierre Cabanis – French physiologist/philosopher
First we examine the causes of lymphatic and circulatory disorders according to the Western and Eastern medicine model . Then we do a hands – on approach with western and Chinese manipulative soft tissue and acupressure techniques that
- Detoxifies the lymphatic system and organs
- Increases circulation and metabolism
- Boosts the Immune System
- Calms inflammations from myofascial pain and organ dysfunctions
THE COURSE FOCUSES ON
- Theory of lymphatic flow from a Western perspective.
- Increasing the flow of oxygen and blood to the facial area, neck , trunk and limbs
- Toning, tightening and detoxification of skin and organ systems
- Better mental alertness, focus and relaxation for the client
- Emotional and lymphatic cleansing through the use of essential oils
- Preventive maintenance
MASSAGE THERAPISTS, SKIN ESTHETICIANS, REIKI HEALERS AND
NURSES CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS HOLISTIC APPROACH
In this course you will learn according to the Holistic Chinese Model
- Inflammation of soft tissue due to toxicity and injury. Edema caused by surgery
- Understanding the function of organs in Chinese medicine
- Location of the most important drainage pump points on the face , head and body in getting rid of edema and toxicity
- Treatment protocols for the whole body. Accessing the surface lymphatics and deeper channels
- Treatment techniques for specific disorders
- Treating obesity and related edema
- Self-treatment for the client
Students will be able to apply this therapy in a variety of WORK situations:
- SPA AND RESORT BODY TREATMENTS / SPORTS MASSAGE / FACIALS DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE/ MEDICAL REHABILITATION MASSAGE
Come dressed as if for Swedish massage, Sports halter top, bathing suit bring linen
Return to our Massage Therapy Continuing Education Page.
Presenter: Wolfgang Luckmann – After graduating from the Florida College of Natural Health in Miami, summa cum laude in 1995, Wolfgang Luckmann attended the College of Acupuncture and Massage and graduated with distinction in 1997. Trained in the British Public school system in South Africa, where he taught languages in schools and colleges, Wolfgang has brought 20 years of teaching experience to his numerous holistic courses.
His workshops are a blend of his experience as an acupuncture physician and massage therapist and are highly customized to fulfill the needs of the individual practitioner. Most of his workshops are based on traditional Chinese medical philosophy in some form or another.
Wolfgang was inducted into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame in 2015.
To register for this workshop call 800-860-1114 and place your deposit on a charge card or mail a check for the required deposit to:
Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy
3600 Laketon Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Include check made payable to “Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy”, your name, address, email address, phone, name of the workshop and workshop dates. We will send you a confirmation in the mail. If you are traveling by plane, please confirm the workshop with the school before buying your ticket. Occasionally we do have to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. If a workshop is cancelled for any reason our liability is limited to a return of the deposit paid. If you cancel your participation in a workshop within 21 days of the workshop, there will be no refund of the deposit paid. Cancellation earlier than 21 days before the workshop will incur a $25 processing fee. The balance of your deposit will be refunded.