SMRT – Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique – Shoulder, Axilla, Ribcage, & Upper Back
Presenter: Dawn Lewis
Hours: 24 Approved for PA License renewal and NCTMB Approved
Early Registration Fee: $405 (if paid 30 days in advance of workshop)
Registration Fee: $450
$100 Deposit required to register.
Times: 9:00 AM – 6:00
SMRT: Shoulder, Axilla, Ribcage, & Upper Back class will help you to work the entire shoulder girdle. You will learn to successfully work with:·
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tears, both before and after surgery
- Axillary Lymph Node Dissection and associated Lymphedema
- Thoracic Degenerative Disc Disease and Thoracic Spondylosis
- Tendinitis and Bursitis of the Shoulder
- Shoulder girdle misalignment resulting from a clavicular fracture
Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique (SMRT) is a series of passive contractions that allows therapists to release muscles, tendons, ligaments, and connective tissue quickly, easily, and with little pain to you or the client. Benefits of SMRT include:
- natural realignment of joints by directly releasing specific ligaments and joint structures
- pain free resolution of trigger points
- swift and painless removal of adhesions
- disruption of the positive feedback loops of pain in the nervous system:
- speaking directly to the proprioceptors of the nervous system
- SMRT has an incredibly calming effect and decreases nervous system hyper-sensitivity
- extreme stimulation of the lymphatic system:
- SMRT’s subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation
- rapid elimination of excess fluid, toxins, and waste
- unblocking of meridians and removal of stagnant energy
All of this is done quickly, with almost no pain to the client, and in a way that is tremendously easy on your body. Because we have disrupted the pain loops, settled the parasympathetic nervous system, created almost no additional pain, and brought the area back to homeostasis, the results of an SMRT treatment last. Join us for a hands-on class and learn to unlock all structures in the shoulder, axilla, ribcage, and upper back.
Class is NCBTMB approved for 24 CE’s
Presenter: Dawn Lewis has been a massage therapist since 1995. She is the creator of Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique (SMRT) and she has owned/operated 2 massage schools. Since 1997, Dawn has taught many classes including swedish massage, deep tissue massage, neuromuscular therapy, anatomy, physiology, pathologies, and SMRT. Additionally, she is a Reiki master/teacher, has a BA, and is certified in MLD. Dawn opened her continuing education school, Full Circle School, in 2010 and began traveling throughout the United States teaching SMRT. While traveling to teach live SMRT seminars Dawn has also taught the entire basic series on video and has done several webinars. In addition, Dawn has a thriving private practice.
To register for this workshop call 800-860-1114 and place your deposit on a charge card or mail a check for the required deposit to:
Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy
3600 Laketon Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Include check made payable to “Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy”, your name, address, email address, phone, name of the workshop and workshop dates. We will send you a confirmation in the mail. If you are traveling by plane, please confirm the workshop with the school before buying your ticket. Occasionally we do have to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. If a workshop is cancelled for any reason our liability is limited to a return of the deposit paid. If you cancel your participation in a workshop within 21 days of the workshop, there will be no refund of the deposit paid. Cancellation earlier than 21 days before the workshop will incur a $25 processing fee. The balance of your deposit will be refunded.