Introduction to Upledger Cranio Sacral Therapy with a Focus on Autism Spectrum Disorders
Presenter: Tami A. Goldstein, WLMT, CST
Approved for PA & NY License Renewal & NCBTMB Approved
Dates: 11/30 – 12/2/2018
Time: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Early Registration Fee: $380* (if paid 14 days in advance of workshop)
Registration Fee: $420*
$100 deposit required to register.
* Plus $30 fee for the study guide paid directly to the instructor on the first day of class.
This introductory workshop details the physiology and anatomy of the craniosacral system…..its function in health and its relationship to disease process. Participants will learn hands-on, fascial-release techniques to evaluate and affect pain, and dysfunction. It includes lecture, demonstration and practice for each technique presented. This workshop also offers a special focus on autism spectrum disorders and suggestions for working successfully with this under served population.
In this workshop we will:
- Build a foundation to understand the craniosacral system and study techniques to effect change.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationships to illness, pain and dysfunction.
- Develop and refine your light touch palpation skills to access subtle restrictions in the body by focusing on the cranium, sacrum, craniosacral rhythm and related soft tissue including transverse diaphragms.
- Define and demonstrate an understanding of autism and sensory processing disorders.
- Define and demonstrate what simple changes may need to be made to the therapy environment to accommodate the needs of the focus clientele.
- Define Frontloading and how it can help prepare the client for bodywork.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the growth and developmental differences between a neurotypical normally developed brain and the brain of an individual with autism.
- Identify strategies to create a sensory appropriate therapy environment specific for a child on the spectrum.
Presenter: Tami A. Goldstein is certified in Upledger CranioSacral Therapy (U-CST) from the Upledger International Institute, Board Certified and an approved continuing education provider through the NCBTMB. She has been a Wisconsin license massage therapist since 2004. Ms. Goldstein owns and runs A Therapeutic Touch by Tami, LLC. She has fourteen years’ experience as therapist, advocate, international speaker and educator of bodywork specializing in individuals on the autism spectrum and with neurodevelopmental disorders. She’s the international award-winning author of “Coming Through the Fog,” an autism recovery journey, a contributing author in Cutting Edge Therapies for Autism (2014 Edition), and other books & publications. She is the founder of Wisconsin for Vaccine Choice and the parent of an individual with recovery from autism.
To register for this workshop call 800-860-1114 and place your deposit on a charge card or mail a check for the required deposit to:
Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy
3600 Laketon Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Include check made payable to “Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy”, your name, address, email address, phone, name of the workshop and workshop dates. We will send you a confirmation in the mail. If you are traveling by plane, please confirm the workshop with the school before buying your ticket. Occasionally we do have to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. If a workshop is cancelled for any reason our liability is limited to a return of the deposit paid. If you cancel your participation in a workshop within 21 days of the workshop, there will be no refund of the deposit paid. Cancellation earlier than 21 days before the workshop will incur a $25 processing fee. The balance of your deposit will be refunded.